Saturday 7 July 2012

Wash day and DC mix & ACV + tea mix

This post might end up being a tad too long so I might split it up into 3 parts (one post with a summary of my Wash Day, another on my DC mix and the last on my ACV + tea mix).

So, I shampooed, deep conditioned and did a green tea + AVC rinse on my hair on Thursday. It had been 2 weeks & 1 day since my relaxer (& therefore my last wash). I decided to shampoo rather than co-wash mainly because I found out that the ORS Olive Oil Lotion I've been using contains petrolatum and I have been M&S my hair daily with it.

My hair after detangling
& before entering the shower.
I pre-pooed the night before with coconut oil and put on a shower cap under my satin bonnet for an overnight GHE session. In the morning, I detangled my hair with my (NEW) BodyShop wooden de-tangling wide tooth comb and jumped into the shower.

Before shampooing my hair, I decided to mix a few ingredients I had bought and make my own little DC mix which contained:

            • Half a banana 
            • Half an avocado 
            • 2 table spoons of plain Greek yoghurt 
            • 1 table spoon of coconut milk 
            • 1 & 1/2 table spoons of honey
            • 3 drops of pure vegetable glycerine 
            • My oil mix
            • Aphogee 2 min reconstructor 
            • ORS Replenishing conditioner 


I jumped into the shower and shampooed once with my ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo and then once again with my KeraCare Hydrating Detangling shampoo. I then towel dried my hair, applied my DC mix and covered my hair with a plastic shower cap. After 90 mins I went back into the shower and rinsed off the DC mix, poured my Apple Cider Vinegar + Green Tea mix over my hair and co-washed with my Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner to get rid of the awful smell of vinegar and banana bits (more on that in my other posts). 


Like usual, I applied some cantu shea butter to my damp hair and let my hair air dry in a loose bun. I then M&S with my Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends moisturiser and my oil mix. 


So what was the end result? Well my relaxed ends felt like butter & the texlaxed sections of my hair also felt noticeably soft but the best part of all was that the breakage I was suffering from was reduced! My hair also had an incredible amount of slip!

This was an extremely long process so I may not do this every week BUT I WILL DO THIS AGAIN! (maybe every month?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment