Friday 28 December 2012

Quick update/post ... 27 Weeks Post

So ... apparenlty my last post was a while back (in fact, nearly four months ago!), but i've been really busy with uni work and my time management skills aren't the best. I should be revising right now but I thought i'd give you all a quick update.

So in June I got my hair relaxed and cut back to CBL because my ends weren't in the best shape. This was pretty heart breaking for me as I was at APL but it was for the best. I completed my 12 week stretch until September and decided to stick a weave in. Since then i've also had braids in twice (and i'm getting my hair braided again on Monday). This means that so far i've stretched for 27 weeks which is pretty insane (for me anyway).

The plan was to get my hair relaxed during the Christmas holidays but i've had so much to do & the days have just  flown past lol. So  i'll probably get my hair relaxed during the Easter holidays or maybe even in JUNE (at 1 year post)!

Here are pics of my hair.  I removed the braids yesterday  after spraying a mix of HH HE and water, detangled and braided my hair into 13 sections (my hair is way too thick).



this second picture show how much new growth i've  gained (yay progress) ... unfortunately i forgot to measure it but i'd say is about 1 1/2 inches worth of new growth (which is not the best for 28 weeks post but I haven't been following my regimen at all so its expected). I reckon if i had followed my braid regimen i would've atleast  gotten 2 1/2 inches worth but oh well 

I then covered my hair in a plastic cap for an overnight GHE session. This morning I woke up and my new growth was baby soft, mainly because of the HH HE.

Initially the plan was to get my hair done today however my hairdresser chicken'd out at the last minute claiming that she had two other clients booked and my hair was "too thick" to fit me in on the day. She then gave me an appointment in two weeks time (how generous of her). I've now found another hairdresser willing to do my hair on Sunday. 

Instead of washing my hair this morning, i've just blow-dried the ends and i'm now getting ready to go shopping (yes I still have HH HE in my hair lol but i really need to get a few things). I'm hoping that having conditioner in my hair for so long won't affect it but i've read that many "relaxed-head" use co-wash conditioners as leave ins all the time but we'll see how it goes.

Here's the quick bun i've put it in:
Apologies  the poor bun i'm in a rush and also my edges but I can't find a gel that holds them down (with that said a review on the Eco Styler Gel is well over-due ... expect that in the new year). 

I'm going to have to wrap it up here because i need to have my lunch quickly and leave.
But its safe to say I'm back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment