Thursday 21 June 2012

Relaxer Update #2

On Wednesday 14th, I came back from the student college salon after having my hair washed, conditioned (with ORS Mayo) and blow dried and was in one of the WORST moods ever!

The main reason for bad mood was the fact that the hairdresser stated that my spit ends were extremely bad and that I would need to cut off 3/+ inches of hair next week when I get my relaxer. Normally I would ask them not to trim my hair but I literally cannot remember the last time I got a trim and so I've been planning to cut off some of my thin/split ends however I was not expecting here to say 3 inches.

So I went back to get a corrective relaxer yesterday (Wednesday 20th) and I ended up getting a hair cut. Before my hair was cut, I had just about made it to APL but my hair ends looked and felt damaged (dry, straw like and thin)! I would show pics but I accidentally deleted my blog pics the other day!

So you're probably wondering how much was cut off? Well lets just say I'm back to SL/CBL! I ended having around 2 or 3 inches cut off. Its still taking me a while to get used to the fact that I cut off so much but I'm getting there lol

According to the hairdressing instructor at the college my ends were in a bad state because of dark and lovely hair relaxers (she could tell I used the realxer by just feeling my ends), she also mentioned something about calcium build up to the student doing my hair (I'm guessing she was referring to calcium hydroxide) but in the end she told me to stay away from Dark and Lovely relaxers and any other L'Oreal products aimed at Afro-Caribbean Hair due to the fact that they are not properly tested on "our" hair.

Even though I received a trim, I can still tell that about 1 or 2 inches will need to be trimmed (but this time I'll take it slowly).

In terms of the corrective relaxer, it still didn't take completely and on top of that the new growth on the RHS is apparently slightly under-processed too. TBF (to be fair) I am beyond caring about getting straight results with a relaxer! As long as my hair is manageable and the two textures don't lead to severe breakage like the last time I got a relaxer then I'm fine with it! I'll post an update some time next week when I wash my hair about my not so corrective, corrective relaxer.

Now it time for the 3 month comparison pics:


      
One thing I will mention is that the pics from 3 months ago show my hair after it was wrapped, left under a dryer for 40 mins and straighten whereas yesterday, I only had my hair blow dried so my hair is not completely straight in the pics on the RHS. Also with the pics on the LHS (from 3 months ago) my hair was flicked in due to the state of my ends.

I'm going to end this post now before I continue to ramble on! But looks out for more posts now that my hair is out of braids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment