Thursday 12 April 2012

Setback number one!


After getting a relaxer, I noticed that my hair was underprocessed in the middle but the woman reassured me that it wasn't so bad and proceeded to straighten it so that I couldn't tell the difference. Then after failing to keep the middle of my hair moisturised and thus having to result to using every moisturising product I could get my hands on I decided to do some research online. I found that wetting the hair with water before moisturising and sealing it would help leave it moisturised for long, so after wetting my hair a bit the real texture/state of my hair was revealed to me:

 As you can sort you can sort of see the roots and ends are bone straight but the middle is texlaxed. 

Now whilst my hair was straightened, the fact that the middle was a different texture wasn't a problem and I had very little breakage but as soon as I sprayed it with just a little bit of water and my hair reverted back, the breakage started to increase up until the point where I sometimes left my hair in my silk scarf throughout the day and night and didn't touch my hair at all for a day or two! 

At first I decided that I would leave the middle texlaxed and grow my hair out so that eventually I would cut it all off but as the days went on & my hair started to break more at the point(s) of demarcation I decided that a corrective relaxer was necessary because if not I would end up going back to NL if not shorter :(

So the plan is to get another corrective relaxer in June & hopefully I should have 100% relaxed hair (not sure on whether or not I should go back to the same place though).

As for my goal of APL by June 2012 - I'm not too sure if the breakage has jeopardised that & I'll just have to wait and see in June (fingers crossed I'll make it). 

Look out for a Wash Day post later on today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment