Tuesday 3 April 2012

Just a comparison I thought might inspire people!

I just wanted to share with you guys a bit more info - some of which I should have disclosed 3 months ago. Ok, so I'm going to post an embarrassing picture of my hair in December: 

Pay attention to the areas in the red circles, as you can see my hair was beyond damaged at this point. I was so disgusted by my hair in December that I was prepared to cut it to about ear length & start all over again. However I decided to wait until march before I made any drastic decisions. What you see in the red circles is the results of over-manipulation, over-lapping relaxers & heat damage. 
Just looking at this picture makes me want to hurl! This picture was supposed to be my first length check however due to the state of my hair I decided to skip my beginning length check. To tell you the truth after taking this picture I was prepared not to bother with a HCJ, I thought it would take years for my hair to look presentable & that I might as well not bother as I am not a very patient person. I'm not too sure what made soldier on through & start my HCJ but I am ever sooo grateful I did. In just 3 month not only did I repair my hair but I also grew it to grazing APL! My ends are now in a much better position and I have various blogs, YT channels, K.I.S.S sistas & Hairlistas to thank!

This blog post was supposed to talk about breakage (well the lack of in my case) but I went off on a bit of a tangent lol after going through my webcam pictures, I guess I'll talk about breakage on my next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment