Friday 30 March 2012

Relaxer Update #1 - long & picture heavy

Ok, I just came back from the new salon that I am trying out (my appointment was at 11am & I finished around 2:30ish). The salon service was GREAT (I guess the saying is true, you get what you pay for) - the hairdressers were friendly, I was offered complementary tea, she gave recommendations, she asked me if i wanted grease or normal cream & the results were okish to great so I would give them a rating of:


The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because the corrective relaxer didn't go so well!As she was detangling my hair she mentioned that the middle of my hair was underprocessed and so she stated that she would smooth the relaxer down towards the underprocessed section ... which she did. However either my hair being stubborn didn't like the idea or she didn't leave it on for long enough as the middle of my hair is still a tad underprocessed (but guess its not really their fault). The only solutionis to get another corrective relaxer the next time :(

Note to self: NEVER let my mum relax my hair ever again!!! 

Not only was this my first time a the new salon (called Angels) but it was my first time getting my hair relaxed with affirm and let me tell you I may NEVER EVER go back to dark and lovely. I thought dark & lovely was the ish in the past as it was the only relaxer that worked on my hair however after trying affrim, I have found a NEW LOVE *humming to Rhianna's We Found Love*. 

Below I have added pictures :) as with the other pictures in my blog: The Orange line represents SL, the Green Line CBL & the Blue Line APL 

Here's what it looks like from the back:


In this picture my ends were tucked in a bit so I think I might be able to claim GRAZING APL *happy dance*


The low ponytail is shorter than expected but not so bad. 


& Here's what it like from the front (way shorter):

Big difference - looks like its nowhere near APL. 



& here are my roots:




My ends are a bit straggly/stringy (can't think of a word) & I was advised to pay for a trim (she stated that she only wanted to cut 1/2 inch off) but me being the frugal person I am, put it off until my next relaxer.

I'm going back to university on the 16th so I'll probably get a weave some time before then, but i'll keep you all posted on how I manage my hair when its out between now & then.

Quick note: My wash days are usually: Wednesdays (Co-wash with HE HH) & Sundays (wash with KeraCare Hydrating De-tangling), but because i'm loving my hair the way it is I won't wash until next Friday!

Look out for reviews on the HE HH & Keracare Hydrating De-tangling Shampoo which I've just bought!

My hair yesterday vs my hair today - Oh relaxers how I love thee!

NB: Last Relaxer: 21st December 2011/ January 2012 (horse shoe section)

No comments:

Post a Comment