Thursday 1 March 2012

Sometimes I Miss My Hair :(


Due to the thick & coarse texture of my hair, I’ve always had my hair in braids/weaves for as long as I can remember (the oldest picture of me with braids was taken when I was around 5/6 years old). The routine (or cycle should I say) was usually as follows:




 As you can see the longest I’ve had my hair out has been for 6 weeks (maybe 2 months max but that was a few years ago).

In the past I didn’t mind having my hair braided away, it meant less pain from detangling and not having to worry about my hair at all; but now that I’ve started my HCJ, and learnt of all the things I should be doing with my hair like DCing, co-washing, M&Sing etc. I MISS MY HAIR!  
The only reasons why I haven’t taken these braids down yet is because I’m dreading the amount of time it will take to remove them & they’re the only thing stopping me for over-manipulating my hair (with constant touching).

One of my future goals is to not weave/braids at all in the future. I want to be able to wear my hair out 24/7 & to use buns, French twists etc. as my protective styles.

I've thus decided that during the summer holidays (from the Mid June to Mid-September) I will leave my hair out just to get accustomed to its needs. I will begin with a fresh relaxer and end with either braids or a weave. I haven’t had my hair out for this long in about 3 or 4 years so this will be a nice little challenge. I would leave my hair out from the beginning of June but I guessed I would give in to getting a weave for my birthday :p

No comments:

Post a Comment