Monday 20 February 2012

My Name is Shaye & I’m addicted to weave.


Why am I addicted? Weaves are convenient, fast to install and most of all if done properly can make you look fantastic. Since I have started wearing weaves the amount of attention I’ve received (both male and female) has probably tripled and I would be lying if I say I didn't love it :p. Also, with weaves, I feel that I'm able to do things thay my hair will not be able to do for a long while and that prospect excites me.

To me a weave is like a drug (apologies if this offends anyone), as when I try to stop wearing weaves I suffer from withdrawal symptoms & end up jumping back on the bandwagon. 

Now I’m not saying I can’t leave the house without a weave because I’ll gladly leave my hair out (if its relaxed – lol another one of my addictions) but the thought of doing twists/braids and thus not having a weave for 6 – 9 weeks is quite scary.

So why after 9 months of using weaves as a protective style have I decided to go back to braids/twists? Well, mainly because I feel  that the horse shoe section at the front of my hair has been left out for too long and needs to be tucked away for a while in order for me to retain more length. Another reason is that it is easier to shampoo/condition and M&S when you have braids and lastly, if I do end up doing a weave again then I’ll have to relax a bit of my hair and won’t be able to stretch my relaxers as I would like to.

No comments:

Post a Comment