Saturday 18 February 2012

Update: February 2012 - APL Sooner than I thought?


So I’ve just finished removing my weave and I thought I might blog a bit whilst watching the Whitney Houston funeral.
On this occasion I felt I didn’t need to add conditioner/moisturiser/oils to my hair as it was already quite greasy/oily. After my mum cut the threads off I removed the extensions used to braid my hair and then proceeded to detangle my hair in 12 sections.
Below is a picture of the amount of shedding/breakage I received as a result:



(not to sure is this is too much or just about right for 5/6 weeks worth)

Also below is a picture of my hair detangled! 


Update! Here is a picture of my hair in two two-strand twists taken from my nape (the very bottom) and stretched out. 




The orange line represents SL, the Green Line CBL, the Blue Line APL and I used the purple arrow to show where my hair is now. By the looks of it ( & for once in my life) I am retaining length although I haven't washed my hair yet so we'll see what happens later on. Although I could probably make it to APL by my 20th Birthday (in June), I intend on cutting off quite a bit of my hair (maybe just below the green line) as my hair starts  to get quite thin below that line. 

& the last picture shows my hair not stretched - can you say MAJOR shrinkage :(



Results after washing, doing a protein treatment using Organics Hair Mayo & ORS Replen pak & air drying my hair in 30 Magnetic Snap-on rollers for 6 hours. 








No comments:

Post a Comment