Friday 9 December 2011

New Beginnings!


So this is my first post for this blog. Every since i was a child i grew up with the mentality (instilled by my mother) that as a black girl/woman my hair could never grow as long as someone from an Asian or Caucasian background. I was told to always apply grease to my hair thus blue magic& luster's pink lotion became my stables. I was given the impression that washing my hair would cause it all to break off and if i noticed any sign of regrowth then i would need to get another relaxer even if it had only been  4 weeks since my last one etc. However recently i came across black you-tubers who had was i yearned for; long, relaxed hair, at this point in time i was going through a lot of personal issues (mainly the death of two relatives just four months apart) and was unable to start my HCJ, however i did research into what a HCJ was an joined both Hairlista and K.I.S.S. 

Right now, i am currently in my first year of uni and a weave-junkie. Over the last 6 months i have worn weaves non-stop. Although i know that wearing my hair "out" would be easier as it would allow me more access to my hair, i don;t think i;m read for such as huge step therefore i will continue to wear weave/braids as a protective hairstyle. 

Ok .. enough with the rambling - my plan is to start my HCJ as soon as i get back to London, take out my weave, get a relaxer & trim/cut my hair


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment